As climate scientists in Copenhagen whip themselves up into a frenzy of alarmism, here, by way of contrast, is Christopher Monckton's list of deliberately misleading myths about climate change that are propagated by warming alarmists, delivered at the conclusion of the International Climate Change Conference in New York:
- “Global warming is happening now” – it’s actually cooling.
- “Global warming is getting worse” – it’s actually getting better.
- “Arctic sea ice is disappearing” – in fact, there is no discernable trend in winter sea ice area over the last 30 years.
- “Antarctic sea ice is disappearing” – in fact, the area of sea-ice around Antarctica reached a 30 year record high in 2007.
- “The Great Barrier Reef is being damaged by global warming” – in fact, there is no trend in the sea surface temperature of the reef over the last 40 years.
- “Hurricanes are being made worse by global warming” – rather, the accumulated cyclone energy index recorded its lowest value in the last 30 years in Oct. 2008.
Read Bob Carter's reports from New York here